Pages

Friday, May 13

Blogpost: Copypasta

Copy of the Blogpost I posted on Fakku...



Blogpost#3 : Aya and Hatate, Reporters of the Present and Past


Whether or not we are the type of person who likes to look ahead to the future, look down where we're going in the present, or look back in case we missed something in the past, we cannot deny the importance of doing all three. We can, however, attest on which of the three is more, say, essential for living. So what is more important? Should we look ahead and anticipate? Should we look around and be cautious? Or should we look back and fear?

Through Aya Shameimaru and Hatate Himekaidou's points of view, we ask this.

What do they think? What do they feel? Let's get testimonies from each of the subjects themselves!




Subject #1: Aya Shameimaru

A thousand-year old tengu who, like her profile says, runs the Bunbunmaru Newspaper single-handedly. Her method of newsgathering involves everything from interviews and photoshoots to stalking and blackmailing. This, of course, gets her into everybody's bad side, but there is a good outcome; her news is always fresh, up-to-date and unique. If anything happens, she's sure to pop up (or hide somewhere) and cover it all. She's a modern-day reporter with exaggerated methods and techniques.

So what do you think, Aya-san?

Aya: Ahahaha! Interesting! The journalist is the one being interviewed! Well whatever...

There is always something interesting about what's happening in the present. After living for so long I grew tired of looking back and thinking to myself "Oh so this happened, I should've did something else." So instead of that I live for the present. I go out every day and travel every corner of this small world we have. I live out my life witnessing every event that transpires, listening to every conversation that is exchanged and write every interesting bit in my note... even if I just make it up.

The present is much more important than anything because that is the time where you live - where you can act or not, where you can choose to or not. Of course, such a carefree way of life is not without its responsibilities. Being much more 'free' than others, I consider it my task to spread the daily happenings of today to the best of my abilities. By doing that I can share, at least through information, this wild freedom I enjoy everyday... of course since I write it myself, it doesn't hurt to put a 'bit' of my own opinion in the articles now does it?





Subject #2: Hatate Himekaidou

This time we have Aya's coleague and rival, Hatate Himekaidou. As a rival, she writes and manages her own newspaper issue called "Kakashi Spirit News", which is pretty much like Bunbunmaru Newspaper except for a few things, one of which is that all the featured news are that of events that already transpired or "all in the past". Being this, her newspaper isn't well-recieved and actually has less subscribers than Bunbunmaru, if any at all. This is to be expected, however, because her powers of spirit photography only works with events that already occured. She is like a modern-day blogger who cannot work to inform, but can work to detail.

So Lady Hata-tan! What do you think?

Hatate: Ignoring why you're able to get in my house even when I have a double-locked door, I'll answer. Spirit Photography is my only means of obtaining material without leaving the confines of my home. It is both a weakness and a strength. Indulging in the past does not make one 'nostalgic', rather it makes someone more 'conscious' than anything. It expands already-existing knowledge on things and makes one more "informed" about his or her life and about what transpired around him during his or her younger years.

The past is extremely important to a person, because it is his stepping stones to where he his right now. Without the past, there can be no present. It makes me wonder why that woman's newspaper distributes itself better than mine when my news are less opinionated and are most often NOT caused by the reporter herself... Did I just admit my articles are opinionated?



“The reason people find it so hard to be happy is that they always see the past better than it was, the present worse than it is, and the future less resolved than it will be”[/i]
- Marcel Pagnol


Maybe so... what is your stand?

The passing past?
The predictable present?
Or the unseen future?

Hatate?
Aya?
Or perhaps... someone more...?

No comments:

Post a Comment