Pages

Wednesday, September 28

Fuck this ISP


          I rarely lose my cool. In fact, back during my high school days, we would spend the majority of our breaks insulting each other until one of us gets pissed - and I was never the one who did.




... but alas, I finally got pissed at something. Just about an hour earlier, my dad called while I was almost done downloading a 500MB file (it was at 95% or something)... and as a result, because of prior malfunctions, I got disconnected from the internet! That was a lot of time waster. Typically with already-shitty Philippine download speed averages, 500MB files would usually be over in about an hour and a half... that means less than a hour and a half wasted for my download. On top of that I was in the middle of playing with some friends when I got disconnected at such a crucial time :X

          Anyway we did report the problem to our ISP - multiple times even. I think they've sent technicians here over fifteen times now. They would fix the problem (temporarily), report it as a success, then ask us to fork over X amount of cash. But then, after a day or so, the same problem would return. Horrible service, really. Plus their speed has degraded over the past year. When playing Modern Warfare 2 in my PS3 back then I would usually be able to join <100 ping games, but now I could rarely join <120 ping ones. This horribly influenced my KDR in that game... from 1.67 to 1.45.

          That's not the only bullshit I've experienced with Globe. It was during Ondoy (a storm) when they really got to me. Suffice to say that Globe wasn't there for us during that storm. At the time we relied heavily on Globe for much of our communication purposes... but during the storm there was no landline nor was there any signal courtesy of Globe, What if there was an emergency and that we needed immediate contact?! Worse, it happened TWICE IN A ROW. A storm with wind speeds almost matching that of the former had just passed and again, Globe HAD NO SIGNAL NOR HAD ANY LANDLINE SERVICE DURING THAT TIME.

          Ah well. That's just enough of this bullshit. Globe, you can go to hell for all I care ^_^ Thanks for your many wonderful years of disservice. Hope you have a long, miserable life.

          gg~!

No comments:

Post a Comment